Ever found yourself googling, “why is my breastmilk blue?”
Today the Milk Minute is tackling the mystery of breastmilk colors with science! Find out what components of your milk give it pigmentation and what that means for you. Come around the rainbow with Maureen and Heather as they cover every color from red to purple! Don’t miss this one.
Work With Us!
- Book a Lactation Consult with Heather! Click HERE for the deets.
- Book a Lactation Consult with Maureen! Click HERE to get started.
THANK YOU TO OUR NEW PATRONS
- Marianna Wilson
- E Auden Krauska
- Jessie Ritter
- Amanda Panda
- Kate Austin
- Dana Jacobs
- Julia Walsh
THANK YOU TO THIS EPISODE’S SPONSORS
- Get your breastfeeding journey BACK ON TRACK with a Lactation Consult with Heather! Telehealth available and some insurance accepted. Click HERE for the deets. If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Cigna PPO or Provider Network of America– you can fill out a short form to get pre-approval to get your visits with Heather 100% approved! Click HERE to access the form.
- Ceres Chill – Grab your Ceres Chiller or Milkstache HERE and enter promo code MILKMINUTE15 for 15% off!
- Click HERE to get HappiTummi and enter code MILKMINUTE10 for 10% off your order!
- Click HERE to save 25% off and free shipping on all Liquid IV products with the code MILK_MINUTE
Listener Question: What studies or information do we have about lactating/chest feeding parents feeding kiddos when they have shingles?
Become a VIP Click here to get exclusive access and more!
Send us an e-mail! MilkMinutePodcast@gmail.com
Facebook | Instagram | TikTok
Unusual colours (appearance) and smells of breastmilk | Australian Breastfeeding Association
Blue Breast milk – LA Lactation, LLC
Variations in the Color of Breast Milk – Bastianelli – 2012 – Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing – Wiley Online Library
A Mother with Green Breastmilk Due to Multivitamin and Mineral Intake: A Case Report | Breastfeeding Medicine (liebertpub.com)
Green Breast Milk after Propofol Administration | Anesthesiology | American Society of Anesthesiologists (asahq.org)
Colostrum: What Is It, Benefits & What To Expect (clevelandclinic.org)
Beta-Carotene use while Breastfeeding | Drugs.com
Whey and casein ratio in formula: Why it’s important to know the facts – Milk Drunk (milk-drunk.com)
Click page 2 below for the episode transcript!