In honor of Veteran’s Day, the Milk Minute welcomes Dr. Jill Inderstrodt to talk with us about what’s happening with lactating parents in the military. Dr. Inderstrodt is championing breastfeeding research on mothers who have served in the United States Armed Forces. It is through crucial work like hers that we can anticipate legislation to support military families.
Did you know Congress passed the Protecting Moms Who Served Act of 2021? Maureen & Heather are going to talk about that and SO MANY other things (including single moms and dating while lactating) with Jill, don’t miss it!
Work With Us!
- Book a Lactation Consult with Heather! Click HERE for the deets.
- Book a Lactation Consult with Maureen! Click HERE to get started.
THANK YOU, PATRONS!
- Our incredible guest, Dr. Jill Inderstrodt herself!
- Madeline S, Dana W, and Holly H
THANK YOU TO THIS EPISODE’S SPONSORS
- Get your breastfeeding journey BACK ON TRACK with a Lactation Consult with Heather! Telehealth available and some insurance accepted. Click HERE for the deets. If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Cigna PPO or Provider Network of America– you can fill out a short form to get pre-approval to get your visits with Heather 100% approved! Click HERE to access the form.
- Dairy Fairy – Click HERE and use Promo Code MILKMINUTE for free domestic shipping on any of our items
- Ceres Chill – Grab your Ceres Chiller or Milkstache HERE and enter promo code MILKMINUTE15 for 15% off!
- Click HERE to get HappiTummi and enter code MILKMINUTE10 for 10% off your order!
Previous Episodes Mentioned:
Ep. 39 – Child Custody and Lactation: interview with family court judge James Jeffrey Culpepper
Military Lactation Counselor Credential – Mom to Mom Global Breastfeeding in Combat Boots
Click page 2 below for the episode transcript and sources!