Has anyone ever told you that you need to change your diet to make more fat in your milk? Maybe it was a pediatric provider suggesting that if you could only increase the fat content of your milk, your baby would gain weight properly. Or maybe you saw someone post a picture of a thicc fat plug on their pumped milk, promising that you could have one too if only you did X, Y, and Z!
Well today your podcast besties dig into the science of lipidology in human milk! What kind of fats we have in our milk, how our babies use them, and how it really affects infant weight gain. This one does have some good data and we hope it’s reassuring for you!
Work With Us!
- Book a Lactation Consult with Heather! Click HERE for the deets.
- Book a Lactation Consult with Maureen! Click HERE to get started.
THANKS TO OUR NEW PATRONS
Marie Zuloaga, Chelsea Teevan, Deanna Larson and Sarah Chapa
THANK YOU TO THIS EPISODE’S SPONSORS
- Get your breastfeeding journey BACK ON TRACK with a Lactation Consult with Heather! Telehealth available and some insurance accepted. Click HERE for the deets. If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Cigna PPO or Provider Network of America– you can fill out a short form to get pre-approval to get your visits with Heather 100% approved! Click HERE to access the form.
- Click HERE to order your Evivo! Use code MILKMINUTE for 15% off your purchase!
- Click HERE to get HappiTummi and enter code MILKMINUTE10 for 10% off your order!
- Click HERE to save 25% off and free shipping on all Liquid IV products with the code MILK_MINUTE
Listener Question: How do you handle when people keep asking for breastfeeding advice and then don’t ever take it?
Mentioned in this episode:
Ep 164 Breastmilk Composition
Ep. 84- Let’s Talk Nipple Shields!
Click page 2 below for the episode transcript and sources!