Today we welcome Angie Sanchez to the Milk Minute! Angie is an indigenous woman who is currently a PhD student at Michigan State University. Her research focuses on increasing access to breastfeeding support resources in Indigenous communities. She joins us on the podcast to discuss her work and the importance of supporting culturally appropriate indigenous breastfeeding practices. Angie is fundraising for her project so lets show her some Milk Minute love by contributing! You can help meet the needs of tribal communities in Michigan through the Sacred Waters Collective right now. Support Sacred Waters with a donation HERE.
Work With Us!
- Book a Lactation Consult with Heather! Click HERE for the deets.
- Book a Lactation Consult with Maureen! Click HERE to get started.
THANKS TO OUR NEW PATRONS
Sarah Wang, Jessica Philips, Anna and Daryion Mendoza, Kristen Clardy, Ali Kanat, Ale, Abbey Hughes, Abigail Lister, Katherine, Mickey Ganschow, ldelan
THANK YOU TO THIS EPISODE’S SPONSORS
- Highland Birth – Book a Lactation Consult today! Booking a virtual consult with Maureen is now easier than ever. Click HERE to get started!
- Aeroflow – The easiest way to order your breast pump through your insurance. Click HERE to order today!
- Click HERE to order your Evivo! Use code MILKMINUTE for 15% off your purchase!
- Dairy Fairy – Click HERE and use Promo Code MILKMINUTE for free domestic shipping on any of our items
Mentioned in this episode:
I’m in Charge of Celebrations, by Byrd Baylor and Peter Parnall
Home – Nooni Project
Our Work – Sacred Waters
Indigenous Lactation Counselor – Facebook
Support the show
Become a VIP Click here to get exclusive access and more!
Send us an e-mail! MilkMinutePodcast@gmail.com
Facebook | Instagram | TikTok
Click page 2 below for the episode transcript!