This week on the Milk Minute, Maureen and Heather talk all about thyroid, specifically hypothyroidism and how it affects milk supply. The thyroid is a gland found in the front of your neck. It secretes hormones that play an important part in lactation by regulating prolactin and oxytocin. Now how the thyroid affects lactation is a pretty complex issue. They try and break it down for you as simply as they can. Tune in to learn more!
Work With Us!
- Book a Lactation Consult with Heather! Click HERE for the deets.
- Book a Lactation Consult with Maureen! Click HERE to get started.
THANKS TO OUR NEW PATRONS, Grace and Aimee! And a special shout out toSusan Aideen Aimme and Veronica at CUMH Midwives and Lactation Consultants in Cork, Ireland!
THANK YOU TO THIS EPISODE’S SPONSORS
- Get your breastfeeding journey BACK ON TRACK with a Lactation Consult with Heather! Telehealth available and some insurance accepted. Click HERE for the deets. If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Cigna PPO or Provider Network of America– you can fill out a short form to get pre-approval to get your visits with Heather 100% approved! Click HERE to access the form.
- Click HERE to get HappiTummi and enter code MILKMINUTE10 for 10% off your order!
- Click HERE to save 25% off and free shipping on all Liquid IV products with the code MILK_MINUTE
- Click HERE to order your Evivo! Use code MILKMINUTE for 15% off your purchase!
Listener Question: Can you transition from exclusive breastfeeding to just formula during the day and breastfeeding at night?
Support the show
Click page 2 below for the episode transcript and sources.