Have you ever received a diagnosis of Insufficient Glandular Tissue? Maybe it was suggested after you weren’t able to produce a full milk supply with your last baby. Or the term was tossed out casually when a provider looked at your breasts prenatally.
IGT can be a scary and confusing thing to hear, particularly when you have the goal of exclusive breastfeeding! Today on the Milk Minute Heather and Maureen chat about what IGT is and what it might mean for you.
How much milk can you actually make with IGT? What can you expect? Do you need to breastfeed differently if you suspect you have IGT?
Join the Milk Minute to get the answers to these questions and more today on any podcast platform.
Work With Us!
- Book a Lactation Consult with Heather! Click HERE for the deets.
- Book a Lactation Consult with Maureen! Click HERE to get started.
Thank you to our newest patron, Annaleigh!
THANK YOU TO THIS EPISODE’S SPONSORS
- Get your breastfeeding journey BACK ON TRACK with a Lactation Consult with Heather! Telehealth available and some insurance accepted. Click HERE for the deets. If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem, Cigna PPO or Provider Network of America– you can fill out a short form to get pre-approval to get your visits with Heather 100% approved! Click HERE to access the form.
- Ceres Chill – Grab your Ceres Chiller or Milkstache HERE and enter promo code MILKMINUTE15 for 15% off!
- Click HERE to get HappiTummi and enter code MILKMINUTE10 for 10% off your order!
- Click HERE to save 25% off and free shipping on all Liquid IV products with the code MILK_MINUTE
Listener Question: I have a question about flange sizes: I had been using at 24mm flange and the people at the hospital told me that size was fine. Then I measured myself and was 17mm. I got 21mm inserts and now when I pump my nipples are tender. I’m due for replacement parts and am looking for advice about what to order.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Ep. 9: Breastpump Flange Sizing
Become a VIP Click here to get exclusive access and more!
Send us an e-mail! MilkMinutePodcast@gmail.com
Facebook | Instagram | TikTok
Click page 2 below for the episode transcript and sources!